I was craving a good sugar cookie. So today I made this recipe. I cut it in half because I didn’t have enough butter. Oops. I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and it had a lot of great reviews. This is what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out dough on floured surface about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any fun shaped cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
These were simply delicious! Enjoy!